Wednesday 28 March 2012

Shop Report

Thought I'd do a similar post to the one I posted earlier and upload a few photo's of my sketch book work; but this time I'm uploading work that is more recent that has been completed throughout the duration of the course I am currently studying (Fashion Business & Marketing).

Basically for our project we were given a shop report task where we had to visit/research a variety of different retail shops ranging from low end to designer (I also included a vintage shop in my report to widen the variety of market levels studied). We had to gather lots of information on each shop and analyse each different market level then comment on/research numerous elements of the shop; this research consisted of corporate image, retail environment, product range, market level, price range, target audience, customer service, visual merchandising techniques, shop decor and overall experiance whilst in the shop.










This project was very interesting not only because I was able to find out small techniques that different market levels use to enhance/aid the customers experience whilst in the shop; it was also interesting comparing the market levels with one another because simple elements such as shop decor and sizing ranges were completely different as I moved up the scale of the different market levels; showing that it's not particualry just the garments that make a shop unique and the market level that it is, which I found an utter mindbend!

No comments:

Post a Comment